As part of our commitment to providing superior solutions for our customers, ITAC Services, in association with Hammar, has developed a new breed of side loader specifically designed for use within the Australian mining industry. This new side loader has been developed as a specialised lifting devise for the oil and gas and related industries.
ITAC Services seeks to ensure that rigs are moved in the most effective and timely manner and is dedicated to employing only the safest possible measures in its rig movement operations. We believe that our new side loader can provide suitable lifting capabilities with improved operational and safety outcomes on a consistent basis.
New Side Loader Basic Information
The impressive features of our side loaders include the following:
- Capable of handling 20’ to 60’ oil field drill rigs with either approved lifting points or bollards in the ends and smaller light loads
- Capable of handling 20’, 40’, 2 x 20’ ISO containers and flats from the ground, trailers, trucks and railway wagons
- Has an extendable top arm allowing handling of extra wide loads and placing of rigs high above the ground
- Capable of handling two 20’ units from a standard 40’ chassis
- Can stack two containers 9’6” high on the ground
- With use of a spreader bar, can lift all loads smaller than 20’, up to 42,000kg in weight
- In addition to the stabilising legs, has two extra full hydraulic support legs on the non-loading side to stabilize when double stacking or in windy conditions
- Comes with a patented double container lock system to enable simultaneous lifting of 2 x 20’ containers (max lift 25,000kg)
- Comes with lifting hooks connected to grade 90 lifting chains without any coupling links which makes the chain system lighter. These hooks cannot, under any circumstances, fall out of the container corners and cannot get caught on the trailer causing damage.
- Comes with chain slings for handling of different types of bollards fitted to the rig.
- Has a maximum safe working load of 42,000kg
- The operating system comes with a radio remote control (no cables)
New Side Loader Safety Features
- Has Hammar Safety + Load monitoring system fitted, complies with AS1418:11. This system sounds a warning at 90% lifting capacity. Will disable crane arms if load reaches 100% lifting capacity.
- Fully functional scales which automatically weighs each load
- Ability to program the side loader for use of counter weight to lift greater loads. Will automatically re-calibrate new lifting capacities.
Additional Safety Features / Improvements
This new breed of side loader allows for much safer operations than existing lifting equipment. Importantly, it effects the following improvements:
- Allows for single person operation and spotting
- Fewer personnel have to be in the vicinity of the side loader
- Can be fitted with interlocking system that will automatically shut down crane operation if a person enters restricted working area
- Controlled lifting and setting down due to the use of two crane arms
- Precise movements
- Minimal sway in windy conditions